what a goal

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Championship Game

This weekend we had two games. The first one was against a team called Lightening. They had 0 wins/10 losses. We beat them 8-3. I got one assist for sure. I might have gotten more. After the game I got some hockey cards.

We went to Steak and Stein with team for lunch. The food was pretty slow. After lunch we went next door to the Forum to see Matt Q. team playing in their championship game. The crowd was all cheering "Thunder". My friend Morgan Lunn was the captain. We only got to see a little bit of the game. But, they lost 5-2.

Before we started our final game, we sat outside on the grass, and the coaches gave us all a certificate, and a puck with Thunder on one side, and our picture on the other.

Then we played in the Championship Game. We were playing against the Cougars, and we haven't beat them in three games we've played before. First period was horrible. After the first period, we were losing 4-0. The second period wasn't much better, but we scored one goal. The third period...was awesome! We scored two goals in one shift, to make it 4-3. Then we scored another and tied it up. Then it was amazing...my line scored the winning goal! WE WERE SO EXCITED!!!! We won the game 5-4...after being behind 4-0. We had never beat them before.

When the game was over, we went to the blue line and got our medals. Then we had a team picture, on the ice, with our gold medals. Some of the team stopped at The Jolly Mug on the way home to celebrate. I had a hot dog with fries. It was a long drive home and I was really tired.

We go to Moncton next weekend for the Atlantic Cup, and we play the Cougars in our first game.

They were great games, and I'll never forget it.

PS. We're going to put up some pictures later. Mom's having a camera problem this morning.

5 Comments:

  • Congratulations! I hear it was a fantastic game. Good luck in Moncton next weekend.

    By Blogger TH, at 6:21 PM  

  • Congratulations Noah! I'm so happy that you have found something that you are so passionate about.
    Love Auntie XOXOX

    By Blogger Belinda, at 5:22 AM  

  • Noah I was so proud of you, my star hockey player...and I was yelling as loud as your mom; you probably heard us both...xo Nannie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:54 AM  

  • Noah, the game against the Cougars was unbelievable. I felt you may be in for a beating after they had you 4-0 but you guys really battled back. I was so proud to see your line score the winnig goal. You folks play as a team and that is how you win games. i really like the way that you play your position. You must really listen to your coaches!!

    See you on Saturday in Moncton buddy..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:20 AM  

  • Wow, Noah! I'm getting goosebumps just reading about the exciting game against the Cougars!! You must have felt REALLY happy and excited when your line scored the winner. Great job!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home